Last Modified: 3/31/2022
In addition, we may provide you with “just-in-time” disclosures or additional information about the data handling practices of specific parts of our Sites. Such notices may supplement this Policy or provide you with additional choices about how we process your personal information.
3.OUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOU
Southern Lawyers SEO has a “data controller” or direct relationship with all individuals accessing the Sites, including but not limited to all individuals submitting Personal Information via the Sites for any reason, including but not limited to submitting a “contact us” or other online inquiry form, subscribing to a newsletter or blog, registering for a demo or webinar, or completing an online survey.
Hereinafter we may refer to individuals accessing the Sites individually and collectively as “you.”
4.COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” refers to any information about an identified or identifiable individual, and any device information that may be linked with an identifiable individual. Any information that is anonymized is no longer personal information and we may use it and share it for any reason.
We collect Personal Information from and about you through our Sites. Our Sites are public, and any information that is disclosed on our Sites may appear on search engines or other publicly available platforms, and may be “crawled,” searched and used by other individual or third parties.
In all cases where we share Personal Information with third parties, we will use a “minimum necessary” standard to disclose only that information required for satisfying the purpose of or performing the service for which the information is disclosed.
We generally collect and use information as follows:
Information we collect and when we collect it:
• Information You Provide to Us: We collect the Personal Information you provide to us when you submit a “contact us” or other online inquiry form, when you comment to a blog, or when you email, call, write, fax or otherwise initiate contact with Southern Lawyers SEO. We record your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address, and any other information you provide) in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
• Performance and Log Data: When you visit the Sites our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) automatically record information created by your use of our Sites, which may include information such as, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, diagnostic information related to the Services (i.e., crash activity reports), the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. Please read the “Automated Data Collection Technologies” section of this Policy for more information.
• Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other similar tracking technologies to gather information about how you engage with the Sites, which may include identifying your IP address, browser type, and referring page. You may use your browser’s configuration settings to block cookies, and you are provided the opportunity to opt-out of accepting all non-essential cookies.
How we use the information we collect:
• To Provide Customer Service: When you contact us with information requests, newsletter subscriptions, questions, concerns, disputes, feedback, or any for other reason, we use your Personal Information to respond to you.
• To Engage in Marketing and Promotional Activities: We want to keep you updated about our products and services and we may use your Personal Information to send you promotional products and information about Southern Lawyer SEO, and, as permitted by applicable law, on behalf of our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us (collectively, “Affiliates”) and partner companies. We may engage with you through marketing and promotional activities, including sending you marketing communications; online surveys; alerting you about events, webinars, or other materials, including those of our partners and Affiliates; and updating you about our relevant products and services. You can opt-out of such activities at any time.
• For Research and Development: We typically use information collected via Automated Data Collection Technologies for functional purposes, to improve the performance and usability of our Sites, and to analyze how users interact with the Sites, as described in “Automated Data Collection Technologies” (below). We may also create anonymous records from Personal Information for certain business purposes or its Affiliates, including but not limited to, reporting, directing future development efforts, and analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance our Sites and services.
• For Security Purposes: We process your Personal Information to enhance the security of our Sites and to combat spam, malware, or other security risks. Our processing includes monitoring your activities on our Sites. Without processing your personal information for such purposes, we may not be able to ensure the security of our Sites.
your Personal Information. Consumer Information collected through the Sites is collected for Jimmy Marketing’s use and is not
We share your Personal Information as follows:
• Consent: When we have your consent to do so, we share your Personal Information as you have agreed.
• Referral Partners: When you complete an online inquiry form to which you were referred by a third party, any information collected on the Southern Lawyers SEEO hosted online inquiry form may be shared with the referring party, and that referring party may use it for their own.
• Marketing Partners. We share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, as permitted by law. For example, when you sign up to a webinar co-hosted by us and a third-party partner, we may share your personal information with the third-party partner.
• Compliance, Safety, and Protection: Personal information we collect may be requested and shared with law enforcement, public authorities, or third parties for purposes of compliance with the law or in response to subpoenas.
5. AUTOMATED DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
When you access the Sites, or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using cookies and other types of click-stream tracking technologies. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, device type, device identifiers, browser types and language, referring and exit pages, platform type, version of software installed, system type, the content, and pages that you access on the Sites, the number of clicks, the amount of time spent on pages, the dates, and times that you visit the Sites, and other similar information. Depending on the law of your country of residence, your IP address may legally be considered personally identifiable information.
We typically use these cookies and similar technologies for essential and functional purposes (e.g., to maintain an active session), to improve the performance and usability of our Sites, and to analyze how users interact with the Sites (e.g., to understand how long users stay on a page, how often they return, and how they arrived at our Site). On certain portions of our Sites, we may collect data through these technologies for advertising, remarketing, or other similar purposes. Click-stream and related data is typically used for purposes of system administration, to improve our Sites, for marketing and advertising-related purposes, and other similar uses.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Certain portions of our Sites may collect information via cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar digital tracking technologies. These technologies can be used to operate, secure, and provide our Sites by collecting and analyzing information related to your use of the Sites.
You have a variety of tools to manage cookies and similar technologies that collect information related to your use of the Site, including:
• Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page to opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies.
• Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
• Control Facebook’s use of interest-based ads through your Facebook account settings or may visit the customer support page here.
To learn more about cookies and similar tracking technologies, and how they can affect your privacy, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Please note, disabling, removing, or blocking cookies may turn off some of the features of our Site that make your experience more efficient, and some portions of the Site may not function properly.
7. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
In all cases where we share Personal Information with third parties, we will use a “minimum necessary” standard to disclose only that information required to perform the service for which the information is disclosed.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our thirty party vendor’s servers which utilize industry standard security controls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via our Sites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
10. CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the opt-out instructions we include in such communications. Any communications from us that are not service-related or transactional in nature will offer you an “unsubscribe” option so that you can opt out of receiving such messages.
To the extent required by law, you may choose to opt out of sharing with any other parties with whom we may share your personal information; however, you may be unable to use the Sites or certain features if you wish to limit such sharing.
For individuals located in California, please refer to the “California Privacy Rights” section below.
11. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
Southern Lawyers SEO acknowledges the right of individuals to access their Personal Information. We will require you to verify your identity prior to releasing any Personal Information.
Individuals who have submitted Personal Information directly to the Sites may request that their Personal Information be removed from our systems once per year.